AT CANADIAN NATURAL, WE ARE PROUD OF THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF OUR PEOPLE
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
Our QA team is comprised of compact multi-disciplinary teams working on challenging and varied combination both of project service and operational business. As a QA Specialist you can expect to work with a wide range of operations and project teams, contractors and manufacturers, to work outside of your specialised discipline at times and to develop new skills. Working with the Canadian Natural QA team will enable you to use your quality and technical expertise to ensure code compliant, safe, accurate and high-quality operations, maintenance and project activity.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
To support the growth of Canadian Natural's Horizon Oil Sands, this position may be assigned or require business travel to various contractor workplaces during project phases for extended periods. Domestic locations may include Edmonton, Alberta and Vancouver, British Columbia. International locations may include Europe, Asia and the United States.
With extensive experience in second and third party auditing involving both procedural and technical standpoints, the QA Auditor will play a key role in maintaining our QA Management System, ensuring the Horizon Oil Sands facility is in compliance with all legislative and other relevant requirements.
• Provide support, guidance and initiatives to Environmental, Health and Safety and other Horizon Facility departments with respect to internal auditing
• Coordinate with Environmental, Health and Safety, Process Safety and other groups participating in Horizon Audits to ensure that Audits cover those elements necessary for compliance in specified plant areas
• Participate in the development of efficient and effective external audit schedules, jointly with Business Units, Operations, Environment and Health and Safety personnel, to demonstrate that Contractors and Suppliers to the Horizon Facility are in compliance with Canadian Natural requirements
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
The QA Auditor will apply previous experience to audits in several different departments without supervision.
• Perform Internal Audits, Contractor and Supplier Audits as Lead Auditor, Auditor or Observer, as directed by the Audit Schedule
• Ensure that the data for reporting Key Performance Indicators is complete and accurate
• Assist in coordination of the auditing requirements of the various groups within Horizon facility to reduce both the impacts of auditing and duplication of effort
• Execute, assist or observe internal and external (third party) audits as required
• Ensure that audit process and related procedures remain valid and effective
• Provide training and assistance for Internal Auditors
• Maintain the Horizon Audit Schedule by perpetually providing input
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with a diploma or degree in an Engineering discipline, and ISO Auditor training
• Experience with roles in all levels, both internal and external audits
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o ISO 9000 and 19011
o Major projects environment
o Alberta Legislation
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Apply online and view more Quality Assurance roles at CNRL at: